Writing Archives

Looking For Someone Who Cares

Sunday, March 19, 2017
“This is crazy. This is so utterly pointless. I don’t even know why I’m still doing this. I want to stop it already. Because it hurts so, so much. I just want to be free. Let me be free. Let me break away from these chains. Who wants to be controlled? I just want my voice to be heard, I just want someone who will understand. Why does it hurt so much?”

(sigh) “I’m sorry. I don’t have any of the answers that you seek.”

“Is that all you’re going to say?”

“What do you want me to say? Were you expecting me to comfort you? I’m sorry.”
saber, fate stay/night, anime, creative writing, short story, philosophical musings, dark, depressing themes, dialog-only
(surprised, sad stare) “Oh, I see. Of course, you don’t care. Well. That’s fine. Perfectly fine. I don’t care either.” (a shake of the head, eyes tightly closed)

“Ah, please don’t cry. I-”

(angry, hurt glare) “Go away. I’m not crying. I don’t need you. Just leave me be.”

“No, wait. Look, I’m sorry. You misunderstand me. I only meant that- I mean, I do care. I just- I’m really horrible at this, at comforting people, I mean. I- I never know what to say, what to do. I’m sorry I’m useless. But, please, know that at least one person cares about you. I do care. I just don’t know how to express it.”

*Notes:
- Saber from Fate Stay/Night anime art print on canvas pic is from Amazon.com
- Pic is meant to represent the two characters in the story - the one who is crying and the one who is trying to comfort them

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.