Writing Archives

What Is A Superhero's Job?

Monday, August 08, 2016
Also known as, "In which there is a job description".

Why, yes, North and South are still busy talking, and, no, we still don’t know exactly what’s going on between East and West and some of the kingdoms that are located near the borders of the Visible Demarcation Line.

superheroes series, adventure, fantasy, writing, story, sword art online, anime, manga, video game
But, don’t worry, we’re about to find out more as North does an ‘as you know’ type of exposition in response to South’s words in the previous post about wistful thinking.

“Our job as Superheroes is to protect The World from all kinds of danger. But it’s also part of our job to take care of the Citizens of The World,” North says.

“And those that belong in what we consider our side or our part of The World, well, those sides are near and dear to us. It’s natural for us to be protective of our kingdoms and our people.” There was an emphasis on ‘our’ that South had no trouble hearing.

“You didn’t need to give me a lesson on that, North. Seriously, I know all that already.” South sighs, smiling sadly. “I know that if there’s trouble in the southern side of The World, my side, I’d be there too and I’d want to try and fix it and I’d be protective of it too and I wouldn’t want you lot to interfere unless I ask for your help,” South says.

“I know all that. But I guess I just needed to be reminded of it. Ugh, it’s too bad that we can’t not get involved in the affairs of our Citizens.”

*Notes:
- This is part 31 of The Adventures Of The World’s Superheroes series, a story told in several short posts
- Part 30
- Image is a Sword Art Online laminated poster from Amazon.com
- Pic is meant to represent the 4 Superheroes that protect The World

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.