Writing Archives

Mir Aias Google Blogger Blog First Post

Monday, March 19, 2018
Before the Writing Archives blog (this blog), there was the Mir Aias blog. It was a Google Blogger blog like this one. It's been years since I've had it, so I can't quite remember anymore if I deleted it then created a new blog or if I just changed the Mir Aias name to this one. Either way, Mir Aias is long gone.

The post below was supposed to be the very first post for the Mir Aias blog. I didn't want to just delete all this text and lose all the info, so I decided to keep it here.

The original title for the first post is: Privyet Mir | Hello World | привет мир
It was last edited on: Jun 28, 2015 4:08 AM

Hey y’all. Privyet mir, привет мир, hello world! Finally, I'm done fixing up this Google Blogger blog, so I can now start posting. To say that I'm pleased about that is a total understatement, by the way. Why? Well, if you must know, it’s because it took me what felt like forever before I can finally finish editing and modifying this theme.
Privyet Mir, Hello World, привет мир, mir aias, google blogger blog, about page, profile, writing, writing news
I know, I know. I guess I don’t really need to tinker with my blog’s HTML and CSS. I mean, just get a free theme and you should be all set, right? Well, yes. That's true. Totally true. I could have done that. But I don’t want to. I mean, it's just how I am, I suppose, or it's just a matter of preference. I wanted to fix up my blog theme.

I spent a long time looking for a template that’s as close to my definition of perfect as possible. Note that I didn’t say perfect because that doesn’t exist. I mean, if you created it yourself or had someone make it for you, then yes, it will definitely be to your liking. Otherwise, you might like some of the features of your template, but, at the same time, you might want to change other things about it as well.

That’s how I felt. I like this theme and a special thanks to Vee Themes for their free and awesome-looking theme. However, even though I like the look of this particular theme, I still wanted to change and modify some things. This isn't just in terms of changing fonts and colors and hover effects (thought I totally did that too), it's also adding many other features and fixing up a lot of other stuff.

For example, I removed the Google Blogger default comment form and installed the Disqus commenting system. I also added comment guidelines above the comment form. I added a fixed navigation footer bar that appears on all the pages of this blog.
Privyet Mir, Hello World, привет мир, mir aias, google blogger blog, about page, profile, writing, writing news
This bar includes social media sharing buttons, an expanding search bar, a back to top button, and even a subscribe to the RSS feed icon. That's just a few of the things that I did, and, yes, it definitely took me quite a bit of time before I got all of this done. At times, I felt really frustrated and annoyed thanks to the codes not working the way they're supposed to and being forced to spend a lot more time trying to figure out what was wrong and how to fix it.

But, in the end, I think it was all worth it. This blog is all fixed up now, plus I was able to learn a lot of new things too with regards to programming, coding, CSS, HTML, etc. And I'm pleased about that because, now, when I work on other Google Blogger blogs and/or other blogging platforms, I'll have a lot more knowledge about these things. And, yes, I am planning to work on more blogs and sites on various platforms including Tumblr and Weebly.

So, what's with the post title, you ask? Well, nothing much, really. But I find it funny and amusing actually. привет мир (this is Russian Cyrillic, and it's pronounced as Privyet Mir) is Russian for Hello World.

In programming, there's this program known as "hello world". Basically, if you add the proper codes, you can display the phrase "hello world (or variations thereof)" on your PC (or whatever device you're using to code).
hello world, privyet mir, привет мир, codes, program, cup
Since this is actually one of the simplest programs out there, this has become one of the very first programs that programmers or beginners to programming learn. I thought it was very fitting as the title of my first post (you know, first program, first post. Get it? LOL). Plus, of course, with the fact that Mir means world in Russian and is part of this blog's name, well, who could resist, eh? Speaking of this blog's name, are you wondering what it means?

I explained it in more detail in the About section (feel free to check it out if you want), but, basically Mir is- well, you already know what Mir means, so let's get to Aias. Aias is a Greek name and it's another name for Ajax. Ajax is a character from Greek Mythology, but it's also the name of a programming concept. Overall, I like how Mir Aias sounds when put together so that's one reason why I ended up with the name for this blog.

Anyway, I really look forward to blogging on Google Blogger. I just hope that I have enough time to do so because, aside from this blog, I also have to keep up with 4 blogs on Tumblr and 1 WordPress blog. And, yes, I'm trying to blog regularly on all of those blogs (read: I'm trying to post once a day on each of these blogs). Wish me luck 😃.

*Notes:
Pics are all from Amazon.com; links shown below:
- First pic is Hello, World DVD and book
- Second pic is some of Earth's landmarks on a mat
- Third pic is Hello, world program codes written on a cup

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.