Writing Archives

How To Distract East And West?

Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Previously, in the adventures of The World’s Superheroes series, 2 of our main characters temporarily forget / ignore the Evil Enemy as they get into a discussion on nicknames and terms of endearment. Now, they’re supposed to be talking about the whereabouts of their fellow Superheroes, but, once again, they are distracted (but, hey, what’s new?).

story, writing, fantasy, superheroes series, adventure
“Now, where are my other sidekicks, North and South? They’re Superheroes and they should be here too even if they’re not as awesome as me ‘cause, you know, I’m the ‘super special awesome’ Leader.”

“Once again, you are not the Leader of The World’s Superheroes, my dear Pumpkin, and you do not have sidekicks.”

“Eww, absolutely no to Pumpkin, East. Rejected. Don’t call me that. Just don’t.”

“Very well.”

“Great. Now, about North and South, wonder where they are?”

“I do not know, Cherry. I think-”

“Whoah, whoah, whoah. Hold up there, East. What did you just call me?”

“Cherry. You do not like it?”

“No way. Absolutely not. Just no. Rejected. Don’t even think about it. Uff.”

“And may I ask what is so wrong about being called ‘cherry’?”

“Are you kidding me? That’s not the least bit heroic or awesome. Of course, I don’t like it.”



*Notes:
- This is part 6 of The Adventures Of The World’s Superheroes series, a story told in several short posts
- Part 5
- Image with added text was modified by Freya Yuki (CC:BY-SA) based on the image by MizuSasori (CC:BY-SA) from deviantArt
- Pumpkin in the image is meant to symbolize the pumpkin nickname mentioned in the story
- YouTube video features the English version of the song Blaze, from the anime Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, as sung by Shadowlink4321 (Daniel Alvarez); song was chosen because the lyrics speak of looking, searching or finding something, which can be related to how East and West are also wondering where South and North are

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.