Writing Archives

Reasons To Dislike Terms Of Endearment

Sunday, November 22, 2015
Previously, in the adventures of The World’s Superheroes series, one of our main characters has encountered the Evil Enemy, but, before any fight or confrontation can take place, something else happens.

writing, story, superheroes series, fantasy, adventure
“You wanna know who I am, you crazy Evil Enemy? You can just call me West. I’m ‘super special awesome’ and also the Leader of The World’s Superheroes. Oh, and that one over there’s East, one of my not-as-awesome-as-me sidekicks. Then there’s-”

“Please don’t be delusional my sweet little cupcake. You are not the Leader, okay?”

“Ugh, don’t call me ‘cupcake’ East.”

“But you didn’t want me to call you Rose.”

“’Course not. It’s not even a part of my name.”

“Then you rejected Lily.”

“Well, duh, I hate lilies. And I’m rejecting ‘cupcake’ too. Can’t you just call me by my name? W-E-S-T. West. How hard is it to say that East?”

“Do not worry. I will come up with something that I’m sure you’d like.”

“Uff, I’d really rather you wouldn’t.”



*Notes:
- This is part 5 of The Adventures Of The World’s Superheroes series, a story told in several short posts
- Part 4
- Image with added text was modified by Freya Yuki (CC:BY-SA) based on the image by hayashinomura (CC:BY-SA) from deviantArt
- Rose in the image is meant to symbolize the flower mentioned in the story while the figure is meant to symbolize the Superheroes since said figure can come across as someone who fights against evil
- YouTube video features the English version of the song Golden Time Lover, from the anime Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, as sung by Shadowlink4321 (Daniel Alvarez); song was chosen because its lyrics seem to speak of superheroes with the mentions of having to fight, victory, defeat, etc.

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.