Writing Archives

What Is The Problem With Cattleya?

Tuesday, May 31, 2016
No, of course 2 certain Superheroes are still not done talking about their fellow Superheroes. Perhaps if they stop getting sidetracked, they’ll actually get more things done.

superheroes series, fantasy, adventure, story, writing
Needless to say, that ain’t happening here as East and West get into yet another nicknames discussion, after a little something about North and South anyway.

“I do not think North and South are busy playing around, Cattleya. I know North might be slightly irresponsible, though not as much as you Cattleya, but South is very much dedicated to our job as Superheroes. I do not think that South will let the both of them miss something as important as this. This is a part of our lives, after all.”

“Cat-leya? What the? What is this, I don’t even-? I’m not a cat, East. I’m an awesome- no, not just awesome, but ‘super special awesome’ Superhero. I should think you’d know that, uff. Don’t call me a cat.”

“But Cattleya is not a cat. It is a-”

“I don’t care. That name’s been rejected, East. Don’t call me that again.”

“Very well, if you insist.”



*Notes:
- This is part 8 of The Adventures Of The World’s Superheroes series, a story told in several short posts
- Part 7
- Image with added text was modified by Freya Yuki (CC:BY-SA) based on the image by Dalton Holland Baptista (CC:BY-SA) from Wikimedia Commons
- Image depicts a cattleya flower
- YouTube video features the English version of the song Golden Time Lover, from the anime Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, as sung by Y. Chang; song was chosen because the lyrics speak of victory, defeat, winning, etc, which can be likened to how the job of the Superheroes is to protect The World and fight and win against their enemies

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.