Writing Archives

What Gets You To Pout Or Smile Fondly?

Thursday, June 09, 2016
West reacts to East’s words in the previous post. The former bristles and pouts at said words and doesn’t sound pleased at all.

superheroes series, fantasy, adventure, story, writing
“What was that?” West said. “Are you saying I’m weak, East? Like, there’s no way.” West said this in a rather whining tone of voice.

"I’m strong, okay? Totally, completely, absolutely strong. Stronger than you and South and North.” This was said with much conviction.

“That’s ‘cause I’m the ‘super special awesome’ Superhero and you lot are just my sidekicks. Yeah, that’s right.” West nods.

“You lot are just my backup ‘cause I’m the Leader. So there.” West spoke as if all this was fact and true and couldn’t possibly ever be wrong.

East sighs. “We have already had this discussion earlier, Sky, so I would appreciate it if we did not have to repeat this all over again.”

There’s a fond smile on East’s face though. “But, in case you forgot, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case, my dear Sky, let me say it again: You are not the Leader and we are not your sidekicks.”



*Notes:
- This is part 11 of The Adventures Of The World’s Superheroes series, a story told in several short posts
- Part 10
- Image with added text was modified by Freya Yuki (CC:BY-SA) based on the image by CoDLia (CC:BY-SA) from deviantArt
- Image of smiling figure is meant to symbolize the fond smile mentioned in the story
- YouTube video features the song “You Always Make Me Smile” by Kyle Andrews; it was chosen because the lyrics speak of making one smile, which can be likened to how East was smiling fondly at West in this part of the story

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.