Writing Archives

Since When Is A Croissant An Insult?

Saturday, July 09, 2016
Also known as, "In which West wonders what a croissant is".

West now responds to East’s words in the previous post and the 2 have yet another discussion. Is this the reply that East is looking for?

superheroes series, adventure, fantasy, writing, story, yakitate japan, anime, manga, audio CD, soundtrack, music, croissant
“Uff, chill, East, okay? Our talk’s totally over now. You’re just supposed ta seat there or stand there or whatever, really, just stand back and watch me be awesome,” West says.

“That’s right, I, the ‘super special awesome’ Superhero will now take care of everything. I’ll beat the Evil Enemy. Yeah,” West crows, striking a pose. “Oh, and don’t call me 'Angel,' ‘kay? I don’t like it.”

“And I have just told you that I disagree with this plan of yours,” East says, sounding exasperated. “Do listen and pay attention, Croissant. How many times must I repeat this for your benefit?”

“Whoah, what was that? What did ya just call me, East? What is that, I don’t even-?” West sounds confused. “Uff, whatever that is, it’s been totally rejected, m’kay? I can’t even pronounce it, much less figure out what it’s supposed to be. For all I know, you could be insulting me. Are ya insulting me, East?” West pouts.

“Perish the thought. I would not do that. A croissant is-”

“I don’t care what it is. Just don’t call me that.”

“Very well.”

*Notes:
- This is part 21 of The Adventures Of The World’s Superheroes series, a story told in several short posts
- Part 20
- Image is the cover of a Yakitate Japan audio CD from Amazon.com
- Pic is meant to represent the 'Croissant' nickname that East calls West

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.