Writing Archives

Tag Issues On Google Blogger Blog

Monday, January 21, 2019
So, I mentioned that I was currently working on a Google Blogger blog. I'm really quite pleased to say that I'm almost done fixing it up.

tags, labels gadget, widget, google blogger, blogging platforms, theme

Unfortunately, there are still a few more issues that I have to deal with. What a hassle, huh? LOL. One of the issues that I have to deal with is with the:

Tags


  • On Google Blogger, this is the Labels widget or gadget
  • When you click on a tag, you should be taken to a page which shows all the articles that use that tag
  • This feature works on my blog, so what's the problem then?
  • The issue is with the number of articles that show up
  • I had it showing only one post at first so I can see the look of my next-previous pagination buttons (definitely no infinite scroll anywhere on this blog. LOL)
  • After fixing the look of those buttons, I made it so that only a few tags at a time will show up per page
  • On some tags, this works perfectly, but, on other tags, for some unknown reason, the "older posts" button shows up even though it shouldn't because there are no more articles to display
  • Basically, that button shouldn't even be present on these tags since there's like only one post with said tag
  • Yeah, I've no idea what's up with that 😕

It's really kind of annoying, not to mention a hassle, since I either have to fix it or find some way to get around it. The weird thing is that this is only happening on some tags.

Well, hopefully, I can get this sorted out soon, or maybe I should just let it go? I don't want to though. LOL. We'll see 😊. So, how 'bout y'all? Hope your blogs are all doing well.

Edited to add: by now, I've finished working on this Google Blogger blog theme. I've been able to make 3 different themes. I also got to set up a few blogs on this platform. You can check out a list here.

*Notes:
- Image is by hayashinomura (CC:BY-SA) from deviantArt
- This was previously published elsewhere on Sunday, October 9, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.