Writing Archives

Google Blogger Blog Tag Issue Is A Bug

Saturday, January 26, 2019
I don't know if I should be happy about this or not. On one hand, now that I know it is a bug, well, it obviously can't be fixed, so, at least you don't have to waste your time trying to, right?

On the other hand, well, this bug is annoying, you know? What if it really kind of bothers you and you want it fixed?

google blogger, blog, blogging platform, tags, labels, widget, gadget, page

What's Going on With Google Blogger?

A few days ago, I wrote this post on Persona Paper. It's about the tag issue or problem that I've been experiencing in my Google Blogger blog.

Tag Issues

Basically, this is what happens:

  • Write a blog post and then add tags to this post
  • Publish the post and then click on any one of the tags
  • Doing so will take you to a page, which will list all of the articles that use said tag
  • You can set the number of articles that will appear per page, so, if, say, you have yours set to a minimum of 3, only 3 articles should show up every time you decide to look at a tag page
  • If there are more articles, a "next page" or "older posts" button should show up
  • If there are no more articles, then the aforementioned button should not show up
  • The problem is that the button shows up even if there are no more articles to display
  • So, for example, you only have one article that uses the "Google Blogger" tag
  • If you click on this tag, only one article should show up and the "older posts" button should not be displayed
  • However, what happens is that this button gets displayed even if there are no more posts

google blogger, blog, tags, labels gadget, widget, older posts, articles, page, blogging platform

The image above is a screenshot of part of the Google Blogger blog that I'm working on. See that "older posts" button?

If a tag only has 1 post to display, then that button shouldn't show up. The Google Blogger bug makes it so that this button appears even when it shouldn't. Have you noticed this too?

Tag Issue Happens on Unmodified Blog Using Default Google Blogger Template

It's very annoying, to say the least. After doing a bit more trial-and-error, I decided to check out another Google Blogger blog to see how the tags are displayed.

This blog hadn't been modified/edited/customized, and it currently uses the default Blogger template (since I haven't gotten 'round to fixing it up yet), so I wanted to compare the 2 and see where the problem might be.

To my surprise, I saw that the unmodified and default Blogger template was also displaying the same problem.

Tag Problem on Other Google Blogger Blogs

I then decided to check other Blogger blogs. I've only checked a few that weren't mine, and it looks like they have the same problem with the tags. So it really looks like this is a bug with Google Blogger.

Is This Happening With Your Google Blogger Blog?

Have you noticed this with your blog/s? It's really kind of annoying, but, on the plus side, at least I can now move on from this issue and focus on the other things that I still need to fix with my blog.

Right now, I'm checking the theme's responsiveness. How 'bout you? How you doin' with your blogs?

*Notes:
- Image is by FirmBee (Public Domain) from Pixabay
- This was previously published elsewhere on Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 11:29 AM

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.