Writing Archives

Google Blogger Blog Themes Basic Framework

Friday, February 15, 2019
Remember my last post about Google Blogger? Yeah, that one. I wasn’t exactly pleased with the aforementioned blogging platform when I wrote that.

google blogger, blog, blogging themes, template

But, right now, am feeling kind of pleased with it, and that’s totally awesome. What’s going on, you ask?

Creating a Theme on Google Blogger

So, I mentioned I was trying to make a theme on Google Blogger, and it wasn’t exactly working out, which was super frustrating.

But, now, it’s really kinda working out, so that’s really great. I mean, I still have a lot to do before having a finished blog template, but, at least at the moment, it’s going kinda well.

Basic Theme Framework

I kinda have the basic framework already. I have the:


Update: have decided to forgo the navbar

  • Blog posts on the left side
  • Sidebar on the right

Update: currently, all my Google Blogger blogs, except Movies Meta, which doesn't have a sidebar, have this feature

  • 3 column-footer at the bottom

Update: have decided to go with a 2-column footer instead

Hopefully, I can finish fixing this theme as soon as possible. I’m trying to make it as simple as possible and yet still make sure that it looks nice/to my liking so I can finally start blogging there.

Looking forward to it though it might take a while (unfortunately) unless things continue going well. Wish me luck?

Update: have finished a lot of Blogger blogs already, including this one. Am currently working on a few more.

*Notes:
- Image is by GraphBerry (CC:BY-SA) from deviantArt
- This was previously published elsewhere on Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 11:38 AM

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.