Writing Archives

So Tired - Take A Break From This Life, This World

Friday, March 31, 2017
“Oh man, there’s more? Seriously, when will this end? I’m sick of this. Argh, so frustrating.”

“What’s up with you now? Complaining again, I see. I’m not even surprised anymore.”

“You would too if you had to deal with this. Stop mocking me, okay? Just go away and leave me alone.”

“Oh, stop being so melodramatic. I’m not mocking you. What’s up with you anyway? What’s your problem now?”

“Work, work and more work. I’m so tired, you know. I just can’t take it anymore. I just want to sleep. Forever. When will this end?

short story, depressing, dark themes, philosophical musing, creative writing
Sometimes, I just want to sleep forever and never wake up. Someone, help me, please

“Well, you do look weary and exhausted.”

“That’s ‘cause I am.”

“What are you going to do about it then?”

“I don’t know. Is there anything I can do about this?”

“Why don’t you just give it a break then? Rest. Sleep.”

“I would if I could. It’s not that easy though. There’s just so much to do, but so little time.”

“Don’t overwork yourself. You need to rest too. No wonder you’re exhausted if you keep trying to do everything all at once. Take it easy. It’s okay to rest once in a while.”

“Is it, really?”

“Sure, why not?”

“What about all this then? I still have so much to do.”

“Oh, don’t mind that for now. Here, I’ll help you, okay?”

“Really? Wow, thanks. You’re awesome. Did I say that yet? Because you are, you know?”

“Thank you. You’re not half bad yourself even if you drive me crazy a lot of the time.”

*Notes:
- Anime girl art print on canvas pic is from Amazon.com
- Pic is meant to represent the character in the story who is feeling tired and needs help

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.