Writing Archives

Is It Possible To Ever Run Out Of Things To Say?

Saturday, May 06, 2017
“Hey, ‘sup? I’ve a question. Do ya think you’ll ever run out of stuff to write about or things to say?”

“Wait, what? Are you seriously asking me that question? For real?”

“Yup. Why? No answer?”

“Are you kidding me? You shouldn’t even have to ask me that.”

“Why not? What’s wrong with the question? I’m asking ‘cause I want to know the answer.”
dialog-only, dialogue, conversation post, short story, creative writing
“I should think the answer would be obvious.”

“Well, it’s not. At least, I’ve no idea what the answer is.”

“I can’t believe this.”

“Are you gonna answer or not?”

“All right, fine. The answer is a resounding and firm no.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yes, really. Why, don’t believe me?”

“Eh, it’s not that. I’m just surprised. You seem so sure of yourself.”

“That’s because I am. Very sure, in fact.”

“But what makes you say that?”

“Because, even now, I have so many words and ideas and thoughts swirling around in my mind. There are so many things that I want to say and write about. All I really need is time to be able to write and say all of these things.”

“Oh. I see.”

“Besides, people always have something to say, don’t they? People always want their voices to be heard, don’t you agree?”

“When you put it that way... I would like it if people listened to me more, if I didn’t have to feel so invisible all the time.”

“There, you see? Always, there is something to be said and written and these are special and unique and important in their own way.”

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

Vixy (&vixy) said:
Sometimes I have problems thinking of something when I'm at the computer but never when I am not! So I am starting to take notes more often. I like writing here. I haven't as much as I should but it leads one to thinking about what one would say more.

Freya Yuki replied to Vixy:
I get ideas pretty much everywhere too. I take note of all the new ideas that I get so I can expand and elaborate on them later and turn them into various articles. I like writing here too though I don't have time to write the full 10 articles in a day so I usually just try to write at least once a day here.

*Notes:
- Girls on a picnic anime art print on canvas pic is from Amazon.com
- Pic is meant to represent the two characters talking in the story

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.