Writing Archives

The Real Reason Why It Feels Like My Life's Falling Apart

Sunday, January 29, 2017
“Oh man, I swear, I can’t take this anymore. I just can’t. Please, make it stop. Argh. I feel like I could just cry.”

“Hey, what’s wrong? Come on, calm down, will you? Don’t panic. Now, tell me what’s wrong.”

“You really wanna know what’s wrong?”

“Yes. Now, tell me.”

“It’s hot.”

“Oh, I see- wait, what?”

“Didn’t you hear me? Should I say it again? I said it’s hot.”

“I heard you just fine. It’s just- you’re telling me you’re acting like your whole life’s falling apart all because it’s hot? What the?”

“Well, it’s true. It’s really hot. I feel like I’m going to keel over or something. I swear, I’ll do anything just to get some snow and ice cream. I want ice cream. Lots. Could so totally eat like gallons of ice cream with different flavors.”
short story, dialogue-only, writing
“I can’t believe this. I can’t believe you.”

“What, are you telling me you don’t feel hot at all? You don’t want ice cream at all? Seriously, who doesn’t want ice cream especially in this hot summer weather?”

“If I get you some ice cream, will you stop being so melodramatic about this?”

“Hey, I’m not being melo-melo- whatever you just said... Will you really get me some ice cream?”

“Yes.”

“Lots?”

“Yes.”

“Can I pick the flavors?”

“Yes. Just stop driving me crazy... I don’t know why I put up with you.”

“Hey, thanks. Swear, you’re awesome. Like, seriously.”

*Notes:
- Girl with ice cream art print on canvas pic is from Amazon.com
- Pic is meant to represent the ice cream that one of the characters wants to have because of the hot summer weather

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.