Writing Archives

Cheer Up, I Won’t Lie To You

Wednesday, November 30, 2016
short story, dark, depressing themes, philosophical musings
“Hey, what’s up with you now? Why are you sulking and moping?”

“I’m not. Go away. I wanna be alone.”

“Do you really?”

“Yeah. Now leave.”

“Okay then.”

“Wait, you’re really leaving?”

“You said you wanted me to leave.”

“Uh, yeah…”

“Shall I stay then?”

“If you don’t mind.”

“I wouldn’t have said it otherwise. You know that.”

“Um…”

“All right, ready to tell me what the matter is?”

“It’s just… well, you know, it’s this..”

“What is ‘this’ exactly?”

“This- this paper. The numbers on this paper are terrible.”

“What?”

“Like grades and statistics and financial stuff, and, you know, math stuff. Those kinds of stuff. It’s- they’re all just depressing.”

“You’re not making sense.”

“Just look at it.”

“Ah, I see.”

“That’s it? That’s all you’re gonna say?”

“Well, what did you want me to say?”

“I dunno. Was hoping you had something uplifting to say.”

“I’m not some fountain of hope. I won’t lie to you just to make you feel better.”

“Oh.”

“But, while I won’t say all will be well, I will say that I will be here and I’ll help you in any way that I can.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Oh. Well, thanks.”

“No problem. Now, cheer up and stop pouting.”

“Hey, I’m not pouting. I don’t pout.”

“That would be more believable if you actually said that without pouting.”

*Notes:
- Sad anime girl pic is from Amazon.com

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.