Writing Archives

The Lies You Tell Yourself

Sunday, November 27, 2016
Also known as, "The real reason why I'm here right now," "I miss you. I want to see you. Please visit me." and "Lying to myself because I don't want to miss you. I don't want to see you. I don't want you to visit me."

superheroes series, adventure, fantasy, story, writing
Previously, in this series, we found out that East and West regularly or frequently visit the Superhero Headquarters.

The reasons they give themselves as to why they're there are untrue, to say the least. They pretty much just make up whatever reason they can come up with just to avoid revealing, even to themselves, why they're really there.

The real reason they go to their main headquarters is because they hope they can see each other there. They are hoping that the other will be there during the time that they come to visit the place so they can see each other and maybe even talk.

If you’re asking why they don’t just visit each other in their domains, well, the answer to that is simple. Neither want to be the one to visit the other’s domain though they will readily welcome the other should the other decide to visit them. They just don’t want to be the first one to go to the other’s domain.

*Notes:
- This is part 54 of The Adventures Of The World’s Superheroes series, a story told in several short posts
- Part 53
- Image is a screenshot from the Howl's Moving Castle anime from Amazon.com
- Pic is meant to symbolize the Superhero Headquarters mentioned in the story

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.